Clean Protein kibble from Wild Earth is a nutritionally complete, 100% plant-based, vegan dog food. It uses premium-quality ingredients including yeast, chickpeas, and oats. It contains 31% protein, essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and everything your dog needs to thrive.
Clean Protein is a high-priced, healthy, nutritionally complete, AAFCO-certified, vegan dog food. It is sustainably sourced and developed by veterinarians. Clean Protein receives average reviews from Amazon and Chewy.
What can you tell me about the maker of Clean Protein?
Clean Protein is made by Wild Earth.
Is Clean Protein vegan?
Yes, this product is completely vegan and free from animal products.
Are all Wild Earth products vegan?
Yes, all of the products made by Wild Earth are vegan and do not contain meat or other animal-derived ingredients.
Is Wild Earth a vegan company?
Uncertain, Wild Earth is privately owned and funded by venture capital. We do not know the vegan status of their investors.
Where can I find out more about Wild Earth?
How can I work out the cost of Clean Protein?
Because different types of vegan dog kibble come in various bag weights and prices, you need an easy way to compare costs. We’ve broken the prices down in a few different ways so you can understand how much value for money you’re getting with each type of kibble. Here’s how it works:
- We’ve taken the largest sizes of dog food bags available from the manufacturer.
- We’ve looked at average prices per bag for buying this type of food.
- We’ve divided the price by the bag weight to show the price per pound of this kibble.
- We’ve estimated the number of cups of dog kibble in a bag based on the bag’s weight.
- We’ve divided the price by the number of cups to get a price per cup.
When you’re comparing different types, bag weights, and prices of kibble, compare the “Price per pound” and the “Price per cup” to understand how they stack up.
How heavy and how much is a bag of Clean Protein?
- A bag of Clean Protein weights 18 pounds.
- A bag of Clean Protein costs around $70 to $75.
- A bag of Clean Protein holds approximately 65 to 70 cups.
What is the effective cost of Clean Protein?
- The cost per pound for Clean Protein is between $3.90 to $4.20.
- The cost per cup for Clean Protein is between $1 to $1.20.
How much will it cost to feed my dog Clean Protein?
We’ve calculated the cost of feeding your dog Clean Protein based on the weight of your dog and on approximate feeding guidelines for dogs of that size. We’ve shown a range of prices for each type of dog, as feeding recommendations and pricing can vary slightly. Here’s how that works out.
Cost to feed Clean Protein to very small dogs of less than 12 pounds in weight
It will cost between $29 and $36 per month and between $350 and $430 per year to feed a very small dog Clean Protein. A bag will last between eight and ten weeks.
Cost to feed Clean Protein to small dogs between 12 and 20 pounds in weight
It will cost between $39 and $48 per month and between $465 and $570 per year to feed a small dog Clean Protein. A bag will last between six and seven weeks.
Cost to feed Clean Protein to small-to-medium dogs between 20 and 35 pounds in weight
It will cost between $59 and $72 per month and between $700 and $860 per year to feed a small-to-medium dog Clean Protein. A bag will last between four and five weeks.
Cost to feed Clean Protein to medium dogs between 35 and 50 pounds in weight
It will cost between $73 and $90 per month and between $880 and $1,080 per year to feed a medium dog Clean Protein. A bag will last between three and four weeks.
Cost to feed Clean Protein to medium-to-large dogs between 50 and 65 pounds in weight
It will cost between $97 and $120 per month and between $1,170 and $1,430 per year to feed a medium-to-large dog Clean Protein. A bag will last between two and three weeks.
Cost to feed Clean Protein to large dogs between 65 and 80 pounds in weight
It will cost between $117 and $143 per month and between $1,400 and $1,720 per year to feed a large dog Clean Protein. A bag will last around two weeks.
We’re not able to give approximate prices for dogs heavier than 80 pounds as feeding recommendations do vary.
Always follow manufacturer and veterinarian guidelines on how much you should feed your dog.
What else can you tell me about Clean Protein?
Wild Earth Clean Protein kibble is:
- 100% plant-based and vegan.
- Free from animal products, fillers, additives, or preservatives.
- Suitable for all breeds of adult dogs and provides them with a complete and balanced diet.
- A complete and balanced formula to provide for all your dog’s nutritional needs.
- Designed for optimal digestion and shown to enhance canine health.
- Approved by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
- Available in 4 and 18 pound bags.
How do other people review Clean Protein?
Average Amazon review score: 4.3 out of 5 over 1,300 reviews.
Average Chewy review score: 4.3 out of 5 over 35 reviews.
Here are some quotes from reviews.
“All the ingredients have obvious health benefits! Wild Earth kibble is also cruelty-free, giving me peace of mind knowing I’m not feeding my beloved pup with the suffering of another animal.”
“Our dogs absolutely love this food! We did some side-by-side tests and they immediately chose Wild Earth each time.”
“Love the idea of this food, and my dogs love the taste — but the price has increased from $49 to $72 a bag and there’s no way I can justify buying it at that price.”
“I feel great knowing that this food is plant-based and contains super high quality ingredients for my baby!”
“Why so expensive? We want to stay away from animal exploitation, abuse and killing but you charge over $70 for a bag of dog food.”
How much nutrition does Clean Protein provide for my dog?
- The minimum protein in Clean Protein is: 31%
- The minimum fat in Clean Protein is: 10.5%
- The maximum fiber in Clean Protein is: 5%
- The maximum moisture in Clean Protein is: 10%
What are the ingredients in Clean Protein?
Dried Yeast, Chickpeas, Oats, Peas, Pea Protein, Potato Protein, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Sweet Potato, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Flaxseed Meal, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavor, Marine Microalgae, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Salt, Inulin (from chicory root), Fructooligosaccharide, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate, L-Carnitine, Blueberries, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Spinach, Wheat Germ, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D2 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Rosemary Extract.
Where and how can I buy Clean Protein?
How can I buy Clean Protein?
You can buy Wild Earth products:
- Directly from their website:
- Through online stores like Amazon and Chewy.
- You can subscribe to get a discount on Wild Earth’s prices.
Where can I buy Clean Protein?
Wild Earth Clean Protein kibble is available in the US.
Frequently asked questions about Clean Protein
Is Clean Protein vegan?
Yes. Wild Earth’s Clean Protein is a completely vegan dog food product. It is plant-based, cruelty-free, and does not contain any animal products.
Are all Wild Earth products vegan?
Yes. All products made by Wild Earth, including their Clean Protein are vegan, plant-based, and free from animal products.
Is Wild Earth a vegan business?
Unknown. We don’t know the personal philosophy of Wild Earth, their owners, or investors.
Is Wild Earth Clean Protein approved by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO)?
Yes. Wild Earth Clean Protein meets or exceeds all guidelines to be certified by the AAFCO for adult dogs.
Is Wild Earth Clean Protein otherwise endorsed or certified?
Clean Protein was developed by scientists, nutritionists, veterinarians and other industry experts. They have taken both AAFCO and European guidelines into account in the development of their formulation to ensure exceptional product quality and safety.
Is Wild Earth Clean Protein vegan dog food safe and healthy?
Yes. Wild Earth Clean Protein is safe and healthy. It contains all of the ingredients, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients your dog needs to eat healthily, grow, and thrive. It is nutritionally complete, and meets or exceeds all guidelines to be certified by the AAFCO.
Is Wild Earth Clean Protein good for my dog?
Yes. Vegan dog food can help dogs with weight control, digestion, allergies, arthritis and joint pain, skin and coat problems, and other chronic health issues.
Does Wild Earth Clean Protein contain everything my dog needs for their health?
Yes. Wild Earth Clean Protein is nutritionally complete and contains all the ingredients your dog needs including protein, taurine, and other essential vitamins and minerals.
What is Wild Earth Clean Protein vegan dog food made of?
You can see a complete ingredient list above, but some of the main ingredients in Clean Protein are yeast, chickpeas, oats, peas, and potatoes.
Who sells Wild Earth Clean Protein and where can I buy it?
Wild Earth Clean Protein kibble is available in the US.
Can I buy Wild Earth Clean Protein at a local store?
Yes. Some specialist pet stores carry Wild Earth Clean Protein kibble. You can use the store locator to find your closest retailer. If you can’t get Wild Earth Clean Protein kibble locally, you can order online through their website, Amazon, Chewy, and other online stores.
Is Wild Earth Clean Protein the best vegan dog food?
Clean Protein is a high-priced, nutritionally complete, AAFCO-certified vegan dog food that gives your dog all the calories, protein, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients they need to thrive. It receives reasonable reviews on Wild Earth’s website, Amazon, and Chewy.
Learn about other vegan dog foods
A note about how we calculated prices
All prices are in U.S. dollars. All prices and cup amounts shown are approximate and may vary depending on your dog’s nutritional needs and other factors. We have calculated prices based on the largest bag sizes available, which provides the most competitive prices for comparison. The price of other bag sizes may result in kibble being more expensive per pound or cup. Prices do not take into account sales tax, shipping, subscription discounts, or other factors.
- We provide objective, unbiased, factual information to help ethical vegans make more informed choices and purchasing decisions. Any opinions shared are Kindly Geek’s own.
- We have tried to ensure the accuracy and reliability of all information on Kindly Geek, but the information we provide is offered “as is.” You should always carry out your own independent research before making a decision.
- Kindly Geek claims no expertise and does not provide specific advice. You should always speak with a qualified expert, manufacturer, or others to get professional advice.
- All logos, trademarks, products, brands, quotes, relevant images, and other media, are registered and owned by the businesses mentioned in this guide. They are used under “Fair Use” guidelines, and no endorsement, opposition, or ownership of these trademarks, images, brands, quotes, businesses, products, and other media is claimed or implied by Kindly Geek.
- Further information is available in our disclaimer.