Walk About Pet Canine Exotics Vegan Dog Food Review
Canine Exotics is a low-priced vegan dog food with average reviews. It is made by Walk About Pet.
Walk About Pet's Canine Exotics is a vegan dog food. It contains pea, sweet potato, pea protein, pea starch, lentils, and other ingredients and offers 21% protein. Canine Exotics is a low-priced vegan dog food from a non-vegan manufacturer. It receives average reviews from Amazon and Chewy.
What can you tell me about the maker of Canine Exotics?
Is Canine Exotics vegan?
Yes, this product is completely vegan and free from animal products.
Are all Walk About Pet products vegan?
No, In addition to making a vegan dog food, Walk About Pet also makes several other pet foods that contain meat and other animal products.
Is Walk About Pet a vegan company?
No, Walk About Pet is not a vegan business.
Where can I find out more about Walk About Pet?
How can I work out the cost of Canine Exotics?
Because different types of vegan dog kibble come in various bag weights and prices, you need an easy way to compare costs. We've broken the prices down in a few different ways so you can understand how much value for money you're getting with each type of kibble. Here's how it works:
- We've taken the largest sizes of dog food bags available from the manufacturer.
- We've looked at average prices per bag for buying this type of food.
- We've divided the price by the bag weight to show the price per pound of this kibble.
- We've estimated the number of cups of dog kibble in a bag based on the bag's weight.
- We've divided the price by the number of cups to get a price per cup.
When you're comparing different types, bag weights, and prices of kibble, compare the "Price per pound" and the "Price per cup" to understand how they stack up.
How heavy and how much is a bag of Canine Exotics?
- A bag of Canine Exotics weighs 25 pounds.
- A bag of Canine Exotics costs around $2.30 to $2.52.
- A bag of Canine Exotics holds approximately 87 to 100 cups.
What is the effective cost of Canine Exotics?
- The cost per pound for Canine Exotics is between $2.32 to $2.52.
- The cost per cup for Canine Exotics is between $0.58 to $0.72.
How much will it cost to feed my dog Canine Exotics?
We've calculated the cost of feeding your dog Canine Exotics based on the weight of your dog and on approximate feeding guidelines for dogs of that size. We’ve shown a range of prices for each type of dog, as feeding recommendations and pricing can vary slightly. Here's how that works out.
Cost to feed Canine Exotics to very small dogs of less than 12 pounds in weight
It will cost between $17 and $22 per month and between $210 and $260 per year to feed a very small dog Canine Exotics. A bag will last between 11 and 13 weeks.
Cost to feed Canine Exotics to small dogs between 12 and 20 pounds in weight
It will cost between $23 and $29 per month and between $280 and $345 per year to feed a small dog Canine Exotics. A bag will last between nine and ten months.
Cost to feed Canine Exotics to small-to-medium dogs between 20 and 35 pounds in weight
It will cost between $35 and $43 per month and between $420 and $520 per year to feed a small-to-medium dog Canine Exotics. A bag will last between six and seven weeks.
Cost to feed Canine Exotics to medium dogs between 35 and 50 pounds in weight
It will cost between $43 and $54 per month and between $525 and $650 per year to feed a medium dog Canine Exotics. A bag will last between four and five weeks.
Cost to feed Canine Exotics to medium-to-large dogs between 50 and 65 pounds in weight
It will cost between $58 and $72 per month and between $700 and $865 per year to feed a medium-to-large dog Canine Exotics. A bag will last between three and four weeks.
Cost to feed Canine Exotics to large dogs between 65 and 80 pounds in weight
It will cost between $70 and $87 per month and between $840 and $1,040 per year to feed a large dog Canine Exotics. A bag will last between three and four weeks.
We're not able to give approximate prices for dogs heavier than 80 pounds as feeding recommendations do vary.
Always follow manufacturer and veterinarian guidelines on how much you should feed your dog.
What else can you tell me about Canine Exotics?
Walk About Pet Canine Exotics is:
- 100% plant-based and vegan.
- A complete and balanced formula to provide for all your dog’s nutritional needs.
- Meets guidelines set by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
- Suitable for adult dogs.
- Contains Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to help maintain healthy skin and coat.
- Contains no grains, fillers, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Made in the United States.
- Available in 7lb and 25lb bags.
How do other people review Canine Exotics?
- Average Amazon review score: 4.2 out of 5 over 24 reviews.
- Average Chewy review score: 4.2 out of 5 over 40 reviews.
Here are some quotes from reviews.
Dogs really like this dog food. I add about 2 tablespoons of canned food and they're happy. I feed it to both of my dogs because one has food sensitivities and she's able to tolerate both the exotic canned food and the kibble.
As much as our dog likes vegetables, He refuses to eat more than a couple of pieces of this dog food.
Great for dogs that have an allergy to animal protein! My dog stopped breaking out in horrible lesions after he was switched.
Very thankful for this company making a complete balanced food for my pitty who is allergic to just about everything. And at a reasonable price. He loves it.
I found out it didn’t have Taurine or L-Carnatine, both essential amino acids for a healthy heart. Apparently, this food is designed as a “base” for a “non-vegan” topper? Switching to V-Dog now as it includes both essential acids.
How much nutrition does Canine Exotics provide for my dog?
- The minimum protein in Canine Exotics is: 21%
- The minimum fat in Canine Exotics is: 8%
- The maximum fiber in Canine Exotics is: 8%
- The maximum moisture in Canine Exotics is: 12%
What are the ingredients in Canine Exotics?
Pea, Sweet Potato, Pea Protein, Pea Starch, Lentils, Flaxseed Meal, Sunflower Oil Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Calcium Carbonate, Vegetable Flavoring, Salt, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Sodium Selenite).
Where and how can I buy Canine Exotics?
How can I buy Canine Exotics?
You can buy Walk About Pet food through local and independent pet retailers. It is also available through Amazon and Chewy.
Where can I buy Canine Exotics?
Walk About Pet is currently sold in the US. We do not know if it is available elsewhere in the world.
Frequently asked questions about Canine Exotics
Is Canine Exotics vegan?
Yes. Walk About Pet's Canine Exotics is a completely vegan dog food product. It is plant-based, cruelty-free, and does not contain any animal products.
Are all Walk About Pet products vegan?
No. Although Canine Exotics is vegan, Walk About Pet also makes traditional dog food that contains meat, fish, or other animal products.
Is Walk About Pet a vegan business?
No, Walk About Pet is not a vegan business.
Is Walk About Pet Canine Exotics approved by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO)?
Yes. Walk About Pet Canine Exotics meets or exceeds all guidelines for nutrition set by the AAFCO for adult dogs.
Is Walk About Pet Canine Exotics vegan dog food safe and healthy?
Yes. Walk About Pet Canine Exotics is safe and healthy. It contains all of the ingredients, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients your dog needs to eat healthily, grow, and thrive. It is nutritionally complete, and meets or exceeds all guidelines set by the AAFCO. Some reviewers have mentioned that this dog food does not contain added taurine or l-carnitine so you may want to check with your vet.
Is Walk About Pet Canine Exotics good for my dog?
Yes. Vegan dog food can help dogs with weight control, digestion, allergies, arthritis and joint pain, skin and coat problems, and other chronic health issues.
What is Walk About Pet Canine Exotics vegan dog food made of?
You can see a complete ingredient list above, but some of the main ingredients in Canine Exotics are pea, sweet potato, pea protein, pea starch, lentils, and others.
Who sells Walk About Pet Canine Exotics and where can I buy it?
Walk About Pet Canine Exotics is available at some local and specialist stores in the US. It is also available through Amazon and Chewy.
Is Walk About Pet Canine Exotics the best vegan dog food?
Canine Exoticsis a low-priced vegan dog food that is formulated to meet AAFCO guidelines. It receives average reviews on Walk About Pet's website, Amazon, and Chewy.
Learn about other vegan dog foods
Get these vegan guides in your inbox
I enjoy writing these vegan guides, and I hope you enjoy reading them.
Sign up to get helpul vegan information, straight to your inbox.
Tagged: Vegan dog foods, Vegan dog kibble
A note about how we calculated prices
All prices are in U.S. dollars. All prices and cup amounts shown are approximate and may vary depending on your dog’s nutritional needs and other factors. We have calculated prices based on the largest bag sizes available, which provides the most competitive prices for comparison. The price of other bag sizes may result in kibble being more expensive per pound or cup. Prices do not take into account sales tax, shipping, subscription discounts, or other factors. For products not originally priced in US dollars, we have converted based on the exchange rate at the time this review was written. We have also converted kilograms into pounds where necessary.
- We provide objective, unbiased, factual information to help ethical vegans make more informed choices and purchasing decisions. Any opinions shared are Kindly Geek’s own.
- We have tried to ensure the accuracy and reliability of all information on Kindly Geek, but the information we provide is offered “as is.” You should always carry out your own independent research before making a decision.
- In particular, always consult with a vet about your dog's nutritional needs and how much you should be feeding them.
- Kindly Geek claims no expertise and does not provide specific advice. You should always speak with a qualified expert, manufacturer, or others to get professional advice.
- All logos, trademarks, products, brands, quotes, relevant images, and other media, are registered and owned by the businesses mentioned in this guide. They are used under “Fair Use” guidelines, and no endorsement, opposition, or ownership of these trademarks, images, brands, quotes, businesses, products, and other media is claimed or implied by Kindly Geek.
- Further information is available in our disclaimer.