Lightlife Foods started as a company making tempeh back in 1979. Over the last 40 years they have launched numerous new products and make a wide range of vegan meat alternatives. Lightlife, and its parent company, Greenleaf Foods are completely carbon neutral.
Greenleaf Foods owns Lightlife. Greenleaf Foods itself is wholly owned by Maple Leaf Foods, a major Canadian slaughterhouse and meat processing company.
What is Lightlife’s approach to vegan products?
Does Lightlife make vegan products?
Yes, Lightlife makes vegan meat alternatives in a wide variety of styles and flavors.
Are all Lightlife products vegan?
Yes, all of the products that Lightlife makes are plant-based and vegan.
Is Lightlife a vegan business?
Yes, we believe Lightlife is a vegan business because all of its products are plant-based and vegan.
Who is Lightlife owned by and is it a vegan business?
No, Lightlife is owned through Greenleaf Foods by Maple Leaf Foods. Maple Leaf Foods is a major Canadian slaughterhouse and meat processor.
What else can you tell me about Lightlife?
What does Lightlife say about itself?
We’re proud of our roots. For over forty years, we’ve been committed to sharing our love for plant-based food and leading a balanced life. That’s why you’ll find our food is delicious and nutritious. Plus, we’re always looking for ways to improve our food and the impact we have on the planet.
Chances are our ingredients are on your grocery list. Our burgers, sausages, breakfast links and patties, and tempeh are all made of simple, recognizable plant-based ingredients.
It’s part of our mission to improve and simplify the ingredients in all our foods, and we’re striving to do and be better every day.
What types of vegan products does Lightlife make?
Lightlife makes the following types of vegan food:
- Tofu or tempeh
- Vegan bacon or jerky
- Vegan burgers, patties, or sliders
- Vegan deli meats or slices
- Vegan frankfurters or hot dogs
- Vegan meat nuggets, balls, pieces, strips, or similar.
- Vegan mince, grounds, or similar
- Vegan sausages
What are some common features of Lightlife vegan products?
- Plant-based and free from animal products.
- Lightlife is a carbon-neutral company.
- All Lightlife products are free from genetically modified organisms.
- All Lightlife refrigerated products are kosher.
Are there any other helpful resources from Lightlife?
How and where can I buy Lightlife vegan products?
How can I buy Lightlife products online?
Lightlife vegan products can be purchased through:
- Amazon and Amazon Fresh
- Whole Foods
How can I buy Lightlife products locally?
- Lightlife vegan products can be purchased in many regional and national grocery store chains.
- Lightlife products can often be purchased from specialty local stores.
What countries are Lightlife products available in?
Lightlife is widely available in the US, with select products also being available in Canada.
What are the contact details for Lightlife?
What is the website for Lightlife?
How do I get in touch with Lightlife?
- Phone: 1–800–769–3279
- Website: Website contact form
Where can I find Lightlife on social media?
Discover more about your favorite vegan food brands
Tagged: Vegan food brands, Vegan meat alternatives, Tofu and tempeh, Vegan bacon and jerky, Vegan burgers, patties, and sliders, Vegan deli meats and slices, Vegan hot dogs and frankfurters, Vegan meat nuggets, balls, pieces, and strips, Vegan mince and grounds, Vegan sausages, Non-GMO vegan food brands
- We provide objective, unbiased, factual information to help ethical vegans make more informed choices and purchasing decisions. Any opinions shared are Kindly Geek’s own.
- We have tried to ensure the accuracy and reliability of all information on Kindly Geek, but the information we provide is offered “as is.” You should always carry out your own independent research before making a decision.
- Kindly Geek claims no expertise and does not provide specific advice. You should always speak with a qualified expert, manufacturer, or others to get professional advice.
- All logos, trademarks, products, brands, quotes, relevant images, and other media, are registered and owned by the businesses mentioned in this guide. They are used under “Fair Use” guidelines, and no endorsement, opposition, or ownership of these trademarks, images, brands, quotes, businesses, products, and other media is claimed or implied by Kindly Geek.
- Further information is available in our disclaimer.