Benevo is a manufacturer of vegan dog and cat foods with a strong focus on treating all animals with care and compassion. Benevo was founded in 2005 and have been proving healthy, plant-based alternatives to commercial meat-based pet foods ever since.
Their name is a shortening of the word “Benevolent,” and they believe in pain-free and cruelty-free foods. None of their products contain animal ingredients, they do not test on animals, and they are owned by vegans.
Benevo’s products are “nutritionally complete” and provide all of the essential ingredients that a dog or cat needs to lead a healthy, happy life. Yay!
What is V-dog’s approach to vegan products?
Does Benevo make vegan products?
Yes, Benevo makes vegan dog and cat food, treats, and other products.
Are all Benevo products vegan?
Yes, all products made by Benevo are completely vegan and free from animal products.
Is Benevo a vegan business?
Yes, Benevo is a family business that’s independently owned and run by vegans.
What else can you tell me about Benevo?
Benevo has been in business for more than 15 years, and was started to provide a cruelty-free alternative to traditional pet foods. Their focus is on replacing the ingredients and nutrients found in meat-based food with healthy alternatives from plant-based sources. Research and development has allowed them to invest, test, manufacture, and pioneer meat-free pet food nutrition for the benefit of all animals.
They make plant-based kibble, cans, and treats for dogs and cats and also offer certified organic food, grain-free options, and pet foods that can meet other vegan dietary requirements.
Benevo takes its ethical stance seriously, saying, “Our products are approved by the UK Vegan Society and Vegetarian Society. We are also PETA approved for not testing on animals and for two years running Benevo has achieved the highest level possible from the Good Shopping Guide’s Ethical Organisation Award of 100 out of 100. Also, the Ethical Consumer Magazine rate Benevo Dog Organic as the most ethical pet food with a score of 20/20.”
How and where can I buy Benevo vegan products?
What types of vegan products does Benevo sell?
- Adult dog kibble in regular, organic, and grain-free varieties
- Puppy kibble, specially formulated for young dogs
- Dog biscuits, treats, and cake mix!
- Adult cat kibble
- Canned food that is suitable for dogs and cats
How can I buy Benevo vegan products?
You can buy Benevo products:
- In national and independent retailers in the UK
- Online in the UK
- Through Amazon and some other online stores elsewhere in the world
What countries are Benevo products available in?
- Benevo products are widely available in the UK. Elsewhere in the world, some Benevo products can be purchases online, although availability is limited.
Frequently asked questions about Benevo
Is Benevo vegan food good for my companion animal?
Yes, Benevo’s food is formulated to be nutritionally complete. Research shows that moving companion animals onto a plant-based diet can lessen chronic health symptoms, improve health outcomes, promote longevity, reduce inflammation, and help with allergies.
Doesn’t my dog need meat?
What a dog needs is nutrition, as long as their nutritional needs are met, dogs can live very healthy, happy lives on a plant-based diet. Although dogs are omnivores, and their distant ancestors did need meat to survive, modern domestic dogs are completely able to eat and thrive on vegan dog food. The gut enzymes and genomes of dogs have evolved to let them eat and easily digest plant-based starches, fruits, vegetables, herbs, and grains.
Can my dog survive on a Benevo vegan diet?
Yes. Benevo’s kibble and canned foods are “nutritionally complete” which means they have all of the necessary protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other ingredients that a dog or cat needs to thrive. Their foods are also Vegetarian Society and Vegan Society Approved.
Will my dog get enough protein and nutrients from Benevo vegan dog food?
Yes. Benevo says their kibble is “a nutritionally complete and balanced vegan adult dog food made since 2005 and now with added Taurine and L-Carnitine, the first of its kind. Made in the UK, Benevo Adult Original dog food features a wheat-free formulation with a powerful 27% protein, added prebiotic to aid digestion and added Yucca extract to reduce odours. No artificial flavours or colours.”
Is Benevo dog food suitable for puppies?
Yes, Benevo makes a vegan dog kibble specifically formulated for puppies. Benevo says, “The first complete vegan puppy food made in the UK, Benevo Puppy has added calcium, vitamins, and minerals to meet the pup’s growing needs.”
Is Benevo completely vegan and cruelty-free?
Yes. Benevo is an independent, family-owned business run by vegans. They do not trade in any animal ingredients or test on animals. They have no links to the meat trade, animal testing, or slaughterhouses.
What types of vegan pet food products does Benevo make?
Benevo makes dry dog kibble, dry cat kibble, wet canned food that’s suitable for cats and dogs, grain-free kibble, organic kibble, and a kibble formula for puppies. They also make a wide variety of treats, including biscuits, snacks, and even a cake mix for special occasions.
Where can I buy Benevo dog food?
Benevo is widely available from online and local retailers in the UK. Some product may be available elsewhere in the world via Amazon and other online retailers, although this is a reduced product range.
Does Benevo offer subscriptions and discounts for regular purchases?
No, Benevo does not offer a “subscribe and save” option through their website. Subscriptions may be available from other online stores.
Where is Benevo based?
They’re located in Hampshire in the UK.
What are the contact details for Benevo?
What is the website for Benevo?
How do I get in touch with Benevo?
- Phone: +44 (0)2392 45 33 55
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I find Benevo on social media?
Learn about other vegan dog foods
- We provide objective, unbiased, factual information to help ethical vegans make more informed choices and purchasing decisions. Any opinions shared are Kindly Geek’s own.
- We have tried to ensure the accuracy and reliability of all information on Kindly Geek, but the information we provide is offered “as is.” You should always carry out your own independent research before making a decision.
- Kindly Geek claims no expertise and does not provide specific advice. You should always speak with a qualified expert, manufacturer, or others to get professional advice.
- All logos, trademarks, products, brands, quotes, relevant images, and other media, are registered and owned by the businesses mentioned in this guide. They are used under “Fair Use” guidelines, and no endorsement, opposition, or ownership of these trademarks, images, brands, quotes, businesses, products, and other media is claimed or implied by Kindly Geek.
- Further information is available in our disclaimer.